Highlights of notable or semi-notable changes. We update this approximately weekly.
May 21, 2013
- Added ability to sort the Items list by total occurrences or unique occurrences (click the column headers).
- Links to files in Github now link to the appropriate revision (uses the SHA of the last deploy before the item was first seen, or the value of
server.shawhen set, or
server.branchif it looks like a SHA).
- Documentation updates: added Grouping Guide and updated Items API reference.
May 20, 2013
- Fixed strange back button behavior on the items page which resulted in raw JSON appearing instead of html.
May 9, 2013
- Added integration with Flowdock.
May 6, 2013
- Released new rules-based notifications system.
- Added integrations with Campfire, Hipchat, JIRA, and Trello.
- Read the blog post for more details.
April 30, 2013
- Added sorts to People list.
- Logo when logged in now redirects to dashboard instead of public home page.
April 24, 2013
- You can now change your account name. Go to Settings -> Name.
April 16, 2013
- After pressing Search on the Items page, or changing the environment on the Dashboard, Deploys, or People page, the URL in the address bar will now update to a URL that can be copy-pasted to share the search results with your team members.
April 4, 2013
- Spaces, commas, and periods now allowed in project names
- System messages (i.e. "You have exceeded your free plan limit") now have a more logical icon
March 27, 2013
- Improved fingerprinting of Ruby Unicorn stack traces
March 20, 2013
- The free plan occurrence limit (3000/month) is now in effect. If you're on the free plan and exceed the limit, occurrences will be dropped and the API will return a 429 (Too Many Requests) response.
- Improved collapsing of non-project frames in Ruby code
March 17, 2013
- Set up a new status page. Data is fed through Pingdom.
- Instance detail page now includes details about the notifier (name and version) that was used.
March 12, 2013
March 7, 2013
- Added Webhook support. Set a webhook URL in your project settings, and we'll POST JSON to it whenever a notification event (new item, reactivated item, 10th/100th/etc. occurrence) happens.
March 4, 2013
- Deploys for a project are now displayed on the Items page.
Feb 28, 2013
- @-mentions in comments are now supported. Mention a team member by username (there's autocomplete) and they'll get an email notification and be subscribed to the thread.
- Added a live demo project that you can access without creating an account. It's hooked up to a simple Rails app running on Heroku.
Feb 26, 2013
- We're now known as Rollbar! Redesigned the public parts of the site and updated the logged-in section with our new logo.
- Renamed notifier libraries to 'rollbar-*'. Old libraries and endpoints will still work for the indefinite future.
Feb 19, 2013
- Fixed performance issue searching for a date range and host at the same time.
- Renamed "Instances" to "Occurrences" in the interface.
Feb 18, 2013
- Rate limits are now available and configurable on a per-access token basis.
- Updated pricing plans to be in terms of a base fee + overage cost
Feb 13, 2013
- Billing: can now upgrade/downgrade plans through the UI, and change your credit card on file
Feb 12, 2013
- Released pricing plans. Choose yours here.
Feb 11, 2013
- Large numbers now comma-separated in various places in the UI and emails.
Feb 6, 2013
- Added Date filter to Items List
Feb 4, 2013
- "View Full Diff" button next to Undeployed Commits is now hidden when there are no undeployed commits.
Feb 1, 2013
Jan 31, 2013
- Suspect Deploy tab now shows the deploy detail inside the tab, instead of just a link.
Jan 29, 2013
- Environment filters are now saved per-project instead of site-wide.
Jan 28, 2013
- Optimized dashboard queries
Jan 25, 2013
- Tabs on Item Detail page now loaded asynchronously.
- Fix code formatting in tracebacks
- Added Cleanup tab in settings, with new "Autoresolve Old Items" feature
Jan 23, 2013
- Rearranged the Item Detail page; now has a tabbed design.
- Added graphs of occurrences by Browser and OS as a tab on the Item Detail page.
Jan 21, 2013
- Replaced old user-project permission system with a Team-based permission system. Users are added to Teams and Teams are granted access to Projects. Check it out in Settings.
- Fixed display bug with deploys overlayed on graphs
Jan 15, 2013
- Sparkline graphs for the 24-hour trend on the Dashboard and Items pages now use their own local maximum as the max value, instead of the max for their entire section/page.
- Enabled interactions (highlight + tooltips) on sparklines.
Jan 7, 2013
- Titles for messages are now built from the first line of the message body, instead of the last line.
Jan 3, 2013
- Fixed issue with utf8 passwords
Dec 19, 2012
- Added ability to specify which environments are included in daily summaries
Dec 18, 2012
- Replaced text framework labels with icons
- Changed "error" icon color to orange, to distinguish from "critical"
Dec 17, 2012
- Fixed display bug for non-git revision numbers on the Deploys list
- Added severity level icons to the Items list
Dec 14, 2012
- Added API Rejects feature to expose customer API calls that were rejected by our API tier.
Dec 13, 2012
handleTracefunction to rollbar.js, for GWT support
- Added referer to Instances table
- Tracebacks now display the column number when available
- Fixed display bug rendering exception titles on the Person Detail page
- Long param values no longer textwrapped on the Instance Detail page, for better copy-pasting
- User agent now parsed in the params table on the Rails Instance Detail page
Dec 11, 2012
- Implemented downtime-free deploys for the web tier, using HAProxy's healthcheck feature.
/instance/uuidroute to go from a UUID to the related instance.
Dec 10, 2012
- When an item is reactivated, its title and body are now updated to the values from the reactivating occurrence.
Dec 7, 2012
- Can now search by filename. Just add
file:home_controller.rb, etc. to your search query.
- Fixed issue with sort on dashboard "Top 10 Items" when the total number of items is large.
Dec 4, 2012
- Temporarily disable the "commits" half of "suspect commits", since it's really slow (because of github api) and isn't working very well. Now called "suspect deploy". Also enabled for projects without github integration.
Nov 30, 2012
- Force HTTPS connections for non-public rollbar.com pages.
Nov 29, 2012
- Lots of backend high availability and maintenance improvements.
Nov 28, 2012
- Added "Refresh" button on deploys page, to refresh data cached from the GitHub API
- Added "Loading..." indicators for enviornment selectors on the Dashboard, Deploys, and People pages.
Nov 21, 2012
Nov 19, 2012
- Fixed bug where emails were still sent for disabled projects
- Daily summary emails are now only sent for projects that have been set up
Nov 16, 2012
- Ellipsize item titles on the Dashboard and Items pages using CSS instead of on the server
Nov 15, 2012
- Improved reliability of data processing pipeline
Nov 14, 2012
- Stack traces for Ruby, PHP, and JS are now displayed in natural order (most recent call first, instead of last)
- Fixed bug where environment visibility button wouldn't update until page refresh
Nov 13, 2012
- Fixed reply-to address on notification emails
- Fixed traceback display issue when the exception message contains angle brackets
- Pushed fix for rollbar-gem bug. Now at version 0.4.1
- Small UI tweak on the dashboard to use icons instead of labels for item levels
- Fixed OPTIONS bug on the API server when an invalid access token was used
- Added framework label to the dashboard and item detail pages
Nov 12, 2012
- Dynamic content on rollbar.com now gzipped
- Fixed bug creating GitHub Issues when the account name didn't match the github account name
- Fixed node_rollbar bug when used with old versions of Express. Now at version 0.0.6
Nov 9, 2012
- Added "muted" status for items. Muted items won't appear in the dashboard or summary emails. You can find them on the Items page by searching for "Any Status".
- Added this changelog :)
- Daily summary emails can now be sent whenever you want. Default time is now 8am in your project's timezone.
- Environment names are now case-insensitive
- Added occurrence graphs to the "Reactived" and "10th/100th/etc Occurrence" emails.
Nov 8, 2012
- Added "comment & resolve" button to item detail page
- Fixed bug causing disabled projects not to appear in the account projects list
Nov 7, 2012
- Added "refer a friend" to invite people to Rollbar without giving them access to your project. It's in the dropdown under your username in the nav bar.
- Added multi-select on the item list. You can now select multiple items by checking the box next to them (or check the box at the top to select all), and then set the status or level for everything selected all at once.
Nov 6, 2012
- Improved formatting of Cookies and some other params on the Instance Detail page
Nov 4, 2012
- Improved dispay of stacktraces for items coming in through the Airbrake adapter
Nov 2, 2012
- Fixed bug with login flow. It will now remember what page you were trying to go to.