Highlights of notable or semi-notable changes. We update this approximately weekly.
April 9, 2014
- Fixed rollbar.js crash when used in Selenium. Requires using the newest snippet from the docs.
April 7, 2014
- Fix changelog links
- Fix bug where trace.extra params were not shown on occurrence detail pages
April 1, 2014
- Tracebacks will now display values of arguments passed to the function for each stack frame, if the data is present ("args" and "kwargs" key for each frame).
- In param tables, empty values (except computed values) are now displayed as-is instead of being replaced with a hyphen.
March 21, 2014
- Added GET /item_by_counter API endpoint
February 28, 2014
- Dramatically sped up People page, especially for projects with lots of people.
December 18, 2013
- Fixed in-project frame detection for airbrake-java
December 17, 2013
- Fixed a few error messages in Grouping Settings
December 16, 2013
- Access Tokens settings pages now show the creation date for each access tokens. Also, new tokens will be created with a unique name.
December 2, 2013
- Fixed bug where searches containing spaces returned no results.
October 25, 2013
- Comments, status, level, and watchers on the Item Detail and Items pages now update in real-time via websockets/socket.io.
October 24, 2013
- Integration credentials (for GitHub, Asana, JIRA, etc.) are now locked down to explicitly allowed accounts. This defaults to all accounts when you add credentials, but new accounts that you may be added to are not included until you explicitly authorize them. This can be controlled in User Settings -> Integrations.
October 18, 2013
- Added "Similar Items" tab on the item detail pages
- Optimized slow query on the Dashboard, improving execution time by 100x in some cases
October 15, 2013
- Items page can now be sorted ascending as well as descending.
August 29, 2013
- Redact request and session data from emails, except for a whitelist
- Fixed a few bugs handling items with a list as their request object
August 27, 2013
- Added use_exception_message grouping option
August 22, 2013
- Released backend pipeline change that dramatically improves processing speed
August 21, 2013
- Y-axis of time series bar graphs now display integers only (no fractions)
July 16, 2013
- Added "user_id:333" search operator. Finds items/people that are associated with the given user id.
- Added "email:email@example.com" search operator. Finds items/people that are associated with the given email address.
- Added "username:some_username" search operator. Finds items/people that are associated with the given user name.
June 26, 2013
- Added "has:comments" search operator. Finds items that have any comments.
June 19, 2013
- Fixed an issue with Muted status
- Occurrences table now includes params that are present but always have empty values
June 17, 2013
- Fixed a few bugs related to removing email addresses
- Projects in nav dropdown are now sorted by name
June 10, 2013
- Slight improvement to deploy email notifications
- HipChat message color is now configurable per-rule. Default is "Auto".
June 5, 2013
- Fixed issue with Airbrake API adater where payloads with empty environments were being rejected (instead of defaulting to "unspecified")
- Fixed issue with Airbrake API adapter when handling payloads coming from the clj-airbrake library
May 23, 2013
- Can now download the contents of the Items page as a CSV. Just click the "Download CSV" link at the bottom of the page.
May 21, 2013
- Documentation updates: added Grouping Guide and updated Items API reference.
- Links to files in Github now link to the appropriate revision (uses the SHA of the last deploy before the item was first seen, or the value of server.sha when set, or server.branch if it looks like a SHA).
- Added ability to sort the Items list by total occurrences or unique occurrences (click the column headers).
May 20, 2013
- Fixed strange back button behavior on the items page which resulted in raw JSON appearing instead of html.
May 9, 2013
- Added integration with Flowdock.
May 6, 2013
- Read the blog post for more details.
- Added integrations with Campfire, Hipchat, JIRA, and Trello.
- Released new rules-based notifications system.
April 30, 2013
- Logo when logged in now redirects to dashboard instead of public home page.
- Added sorts to People list.
April 24, 2013
- You can now change your account name. Go to Settings -> Name.
April 16, 2013
- After pressing Search on the Items page, or changing the environment on the Dashboard, Deploys, or People page, the URL in the address bar will now update to a URL that can be copy-pasted to share the search results with your team members.
April 4, 2013
- System messages (i.e. "You have exceeded your free plan limit") now have a more logical icon
- Spaces, commas, and periods now allowed in project names
March 27, 2013
- Improved fingerprinting of Ruby Unicorn stack traces
March 20, 2013
- Improved collapsing of non-project frames in Ruby code
- The free plan occurrence limit (3000/month) is now in effect. If you're on the free plan and exceed the limit, occurrences will be dropped and the API will return a 429 (Too Many Requests) response.
March 17, 2013
- Instance detail page now includes details about the notifier (name and version) that was used.
- Set up a new status page. Data is fed through Pingdom.
March 12, 2013
March 7, 2013
- Added Webhook support. Set a webhook URL in your project settings, and we'll POST JSON to it whenever a notification event (new item, reactivated item, 10th/100th/etc. occurrence) happens.
March 4, 2013
- Deploys for a project are now displayed on the Items page.
February 28, 2013
- Added a live demo project that you can access without creating an account. It's hooked up to a simple Rails app running on Heroku.
- @-mentions in comments are now supported. Mention a team member by username (there's autocomplete) and they'll get an email notification and be subscribed to the thread.
February 26, 2013
- Renamed notifier libraries to 'rollbar-*'. Old libraries and endpoints will still work for the indefinite future.
- We're now known as Rollbar! Redesigned the public parts of the site and updated the logged-in section with our new logo.
February 19, 2013
- Renamed "Instances" to "Occurrences" in the interface.
- Fixed performance issue searching for a date range and host at the same time.
February 18, 2013
- Updated pricing plans to be in terms of a base fee + overage cost
- Rate limits are now available and configurable on a per-access token basis.
February 13, 2013
- Billing: can now upgrade/downgrade plans through the UI, and change your credit card on file
February 12, 2013
- Released pricing plans. Choose yours here.
February 11, 2013
- Large numbers now comma-separated in various places in the UI and emails.
February 6, 2013
- Added Date filter to Items List
February 4, 2013
- "View Full Diff" button next to Undeployed Commits is now hidden when there are no undeployed commits.
February 1, 2013
January 31, 2013
- Suspect Deploy tab now shows the deploy detail inside the tab, instead of just a link.
January 29, 2013
- Environment filters are now saved per-project instead of site-wide.
January 28, 2013
- Optimized dashboard queries
January 25, 2013
- Added Cleanup tab in settings, with new "Autoresolve Old Items" feature
- Fix code formatting in tracebacks
- Tabs on Item Detail page now loaded asynchronously.
January 23, 2013
- Added graphs of occurrences by Browser and OS as a tab on the Item Detail page.
- Rearranged the Item Detail page; now has a tabbed design.
January 21, 2013
- Fixed display bug with deploys overlayed on graphs
- Replaced old user-project permission system with a Team-based permission system. Users are added to Teams and Teams are granted access to Projects. Check it out in Settings.
January 15, 2013
- Enabled interactions (highlight + tooltips) on sparklines.
- Sparkline graphs for the 24-hour trend on the Dashboard and Items pages now use their own local maximum as the max value, instead of the max for their entire section/page.
January 7, 2013
- Titles for messages are now built from the first line of the message body, instead of the last line.
January 3, 2013
- Fixed issue with utf8 passwords
December 19, 2012
- Added ability to specify which environments are included in daily summaries
December 18, 2012
- Changed "error" icon color to orange, to distinguish from "critical"
- Replaced text framework labels with icons
December 17, 2012
- Added severity level icons to the Items list
- Fixed display bug for non-git revision numbers on the Deploys list
December 14, 2012
- Added API Rejects feature to expose customer API calls that were rejected by our API tier.
December 13, 2012
- User agent now parsed in the params table on the Rails Instance Detail page
- Long param values no longer textwrapped on the Instance Detail page, for better copy-pasting
- Fixed display bug rendering exception titles on the Person Detail page
- Tracebacks now display the column number when available
- Added referer to Instances table
- Added handleTrace function to rollbar.js, for GWT support
December 11, 2012
- Added /instance/uuid route to go from a UUID to the related instance.
- Implemented downtime-free deploys for the web tier, using HAProxy's healthcheck feature.
December 10, 2012
- When an item is reactivated, its title and body are now updated to the values from the reactivating occurrence.
December 7, 2012
- Fixed issue with sort on dashboard "Top 10 Items" when the total number of items is large.
- Can now search by filename. Just add file:index.php, file:home_controller.rb, etc. to your search query.
December 4, 2012
- Temporarily disable the "commits" half of "suspect commits", since it's really slow (because of github api) and isn't working very well. Now called "suspect deploy". Also enabled for projects without github integration.
November 30, 2012
- Force HTTPS connections for non-public rollbar.com pages.
November 29, 2012
- Lots of backend high availability and maintenance improvements.
November 28, 2012
- Added "Loading..." indicators for enviornment selectors on the Dashboard, Deploys, and People pages.
- Added "Refresh" button on deploys page, to refresh data cached from the GitHub API
November 21, 2012
November 19, 2012
- Daily summary emails are now only sent for projects that have been set up
- Fixed bug where emails were still sent for disabled projects
November 16, 2012
- Ellipsize item titles on the Dashboard and Items pages using CSS instead of on the server
November 15, 2012
- Improved reliability of data processing pipeline
November 14, 2012
- Fixed bug where environment visibility button wouldn't update until page refresh
- Stack traces for Ruby, PHP, and JS are now displayed in natural order (most recent call first, instead of last)
November 13, 2012
- Added framework label to the dashboard and item detail pages
- Fixed OPTIONS bug on the API server when an invalid access token was used
- Small UI tweak on the dashboard to use icons instead of labels for item levels
- Pushed fix for rollbar-gem bug. Now at version 0.4.1
- Fixed traceback display issue when the exception message contains angle brackets
- Fixed reply-to address on notification emails
November 12, 2012
- Fixed node_rollbar bug when used with old versions of Express. Now at version 0.0.6
- Fixed bug creating GitHub Issues when the account name didn't match the github account name
- Dynamic content on rollbar.com now gzipped
November 9, 2012
- Added occurrence graphs to the "Reactived" and "10th/100th/etc Occurrence" emails.
- Environment names are now case-insensitive
- Daily summary emails can now be sent whenever you want. Default time is now 8am in your project's timezone.
- Added this changelog :)
- Added "muted" status for items. Muted items won't appear in the dashboard or summary emails. You can find them on the Items page by searching for "Any Status".
November 8, 2012
- Fixed bug causing disabled projects not to appear in the account projects list
- Added "comment & resolve" button to item detail page
November 7, 2012
- Added multi-select on the item list. You can now select multiple items by checking the box next to them (or check the box at the top to select all), and then set the status or level for everything selected all at once.
- Added "refer a friend" to invite people to Rollbar without giving them access to your project. It's in the dropdown under your username in the nav bar.
November 6, 2012
- Improved formatting of Cookies and some other params on the Instance Detail page
November 4, 2012
- Improved dispay of stacktraces for items coming in through the Airbrake adapter
November 2, 2012
- Fixed bug with login flow. It will now remember what page you were trying to go to.