The Rollbar API supports including a UUID with occurrence reports which can later be used to look up that exact occurrence. UUIDs are generated by the client library, not returned from the API. A few use-cases include:
- Showing a UUID on your custom error pages, so your users can give it to you when they contact your support channels
- The "View in Rollbar" links in the official Django and Pyramid libraries
- The "Details:" link in the official Ruby gem
Using a UUID
If you have a UUID—for example, that you've been given by one of your
users—you can use it to go directly to either the related Item or the
related Occurrence. Assuming a UUID of
- The related Item can be found at
- The related Occurrence can be found at
The above links will redirect to the appropriate places on Rollbar as long as:
- The occurrence has been processed by our processing pipeline. This usually takes less than 5 seconds, but occasionally the delay gets longer. If the delay exceeds 1 minute, this will be reported in the dashboard.
- The occurrence was reported to Rollbar in the first place.
If the link doesn't redirect at first, try waiting a few seconds and hitting Refresh. If the link still is not redirecting after 1 minute, and there is no processing delay reported in the dashboard, it's likely that something prevented it from being reported to Rollbar in the first place. Check your server logs for more details, and feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help debugging.