Use Curl to send an HTTP POST:
ACCESS_TOKEN=POST_SERVER_ITEM_ACCESS_TOKEN ENVIRONMENT=production LOCAL_USERNAME=whoami REVISION=git rev-parse --verify HEAD
curl https://api.rollbar.com/api/1/deploy/ -F access_token=$ACCESS_TOKEN -F environment=$ENVIRONMENT -F revision=$REVISION -F local_username=$LOCAL_USERNAME
Place this command in your deploy script so that it runs once the deploy has completed successfully.
If the POST is successful, you will receive a JSON response like:
If using a version control system other than Git, change the revision= line as appropriate to set the revision ID.
● access_token - Your project access token (required).
● environment - Name of the environment being deployed, e.g. "production" (required).
● revision - Revision number/sha being deployed. If using git, use the full sha (required).
● local_username - User who deployed (optional).
● rollbar_username - Rollbar username of the user who deployed (optional).
● comment - Deploy comment (e.g. what is being deployed) (optional).