Connecting Rollbar to PagerDuty
Rollbar can create, update, and resolve Incidents in PagerDuty.
- From the PagerDuty dashboard, click Services from the navigation bar at the top of the page.
- On the right side of the page, click the green Add New Service button.
- Fill in the service name (e.g. "Rollbar").
- Select an escalation policy.
- Under Service Type, choose Generic API system.
- Click the *Add Service button at the bottom.
- On the service page under Integration Settings, note the string next to Service API key.
- Navigate to the Dashboard of the project you want to integrate with PagerDuty
- Click Settings –> Notifications –> PagerDuty
- Copy-paste the Service API key from PagerDuty into the box in Rollbar.
- Press Enable PagerDuty Integration.
- Congrats! You have now integrated Rollbar with your PagerDuty account. Now, when a new error or higher occurs in your production environment in Rollbar, it will create an incident in PagerDuty, and incidents in PagerDuty will be automatically resolved when they are resolved in Rollbar. If you want, you can customize the default rules by editing, adding, or deleting them.