Take control of monitoring and responding to Errors
We are very lucky on the Rollbar Customer Engineering Team because we get to work with many many development teams. Each team develops, tests, and deploys their applications in their own way. They have chosen different languages and frameworks to solve their particular problem. We learn from each team that we work with, and share these learnings to our Product Design team.
- They don’t know what errors their end-users are experiencing
- They want to give their end users a higher quality experience
- They want to find and fix errors in their code efficiently
In some ways this makes perfect sense:
- Client-side errors are typically not the responsibility of SRE teams. Since development teams are so busy, an observability and error monitoring solution just hasn’t been built
In other ways it makes no sense at all because
- End users perceive the quality of service that they receive in large part based on the quality of the frontend applications they use
- The errors that their end users are experiencing
- The full stack trace of the errors
- The number of users impacted by each error
- The code version that introduced the error
Teams particularly like being able to see errors in their application in real-time immediately after releasing a code change.
Teams can fine tune the process to add additional contextual information to errors, easily address noise in the results, and set it up to get notified of important errors immediately
Very quickly teams go from learning about errors when their users contact them, to being able to see production errors in real-time. They can quickly develop and deploy a fix before many users are affected.
Track, Analyze and Manage Errors With Rollbar